Friday 4 April 2014

New Semester, New People, Closer to August.

Currently listening to a stream of Japanese music while writing this post. On a scale of "How Japanese Have I Become", I am Bump of Chicken.

While browsing through Japanese music I found several songs I recognized from previous karaoke adventures with my Japanese friends, and find myself liking my friend's versions more. They're too good at singing! Its like I get treated to a private concert for 5 hours. Whenever the mike comes around I simply return it and let them sing another round. Some would say its a waste of money, but I call it a good time.

Lately when I meet up with friends to hang out its been a lot of "what should we do: Bowling, Karaoke, Pool, Dinner, Or a mix of all?"
So this is what college life is like. I like. I like very much. Takadanobaba is a great spot for general hanging out, there are so many cafes to go to (only some with wifi), and a variety of recreational activities for those feeling active. Some of which I mentioned above, and other things like batting cages, skating, and even golf. I'm also starting to take a liking to darts which can be found at the game center in Big Box.

Anyways, for the past few days I've been helping Niji with welcoming new Japanese students into the club. Although before welcoming them in, we have to reel them in with my terrible persuasion skills. Club Days at Waseda just ended yesterday, and essentially what it is is a larger than life festival of countless clubs trying to recruit students for the new school semester.


Tiffany working hard at explaining what Niji is to new exchange students.


I'm on the flyer! (to the left)


Niji printed 7000 flyers to hand out, and we managed to hang them all out. Some of which may have been dropped to the ground.....(the clean up job for this event must have been a pain)


After the club events are over and all the advertising is done with, the orientation period begins. Today was the first orientation and the turn out for this event was roughly 80 new japanese students. People waited outside for an hour and a half (including me) in first a major downpour, then hail, then thunder. I had a lot of fun talking with new students however, and I think some of the people I talked to are dead set on joining! 

Meeting new people is fun. 




2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meeting new people is fun! You never know who you could come across~ hu hu hu

    Ps: I did a spelling mistake in my previous post sry

    ReplyDelete